POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : single refraction Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  single refraction (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Shai
Subject: single refraction
Date: 15 Apr 2007 10:25:02
Message: <web.462234e681b7bc475d02f23f0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've got a scene that consists of a glass Stanford Bunny placed in the
middle of a Cornell cube.

When a ray of light hits the bunny, the ray is refracted. The ray then
travels through the bunny and hits the back of the bunny where it is
refracted again.

However I like to make it so that the ray is only refracted when it hits the
front of bunny. Basically I want to make sure the ray isn't refracted when
it hits the back of the bunny.

Is there any way to do this?

Post a reply to this message

Shai nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 15-04-2007 10:21:
> Hi,

> I've got a scene that consists of a glass Stanford Bunny placed in the
> middle of a Cornell cube.

> When a ray of light hits the bunny, the ray is refracted. The ray then
> travels through the bunny and hits the back of the bunny where it is
> refracted again.

> However I like to make it so that the ray is only refracted when it hits the
> front of bunny. Basically I want to make sure the ray isn't refracted when
> it hits the back of the bunny.

> Is there any way to do this?

Not if your shape is closed. Most objects ARE closed. To do what you want, you
need to effectively remove the back.
A way to do that is to use "cliped_by plane{...}", but, if your shape is
complexe in any way, you may end up removing some "front" parts and leaving some
"back" parts.
This become impossible if you have any reflection showing the back of your bunny.

--
Alain
I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.