POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : prism and (not) rounded corners Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  prism and (not) rounded corners (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: marabou
Subject: prism and (not) rounded corners
Date: 11 Oct 2006 10:11:55
Message: <20061011161122.772637e1.not@available.yet>
hello,

I did fight again through Pov-man related to prisms but did not find any solution for
this:
aim is to produce a nearly quadratic prism with rounded edges.
superellipsoid does not fulfill my needs because one side is shorter than opposit one.
radius should be low|small(?).
but now cubic_spline in superellipsoid produces stars at the corners.

does anybody have a clue, why? and how can it be done better?

thank you in advance

code follows:
#version 3.6

//povray +Iprismtest.pov +Oprismtest.png +W640 +H480 +A0.01 +p +Q9

camera {
   location <0,3,0>
	look_at <0,0,-0>
	}

light_source {
	< 0,10,0>
	color rgb <255,255,255>/255
}

#declare ar_prism = array[15]{
<2,-1.9>,

<1.85,1.95>,
<1.7,2>,
<-1.7,2>,
<-1.85,1.95>,

<-1.9,1.8>,
<-2,-1.9>,
<-1.95,-2.05>
<-1.8,-2.1>

<1.8,-2.1>,
<1.95,-2.05>,
<2,-1.9>,
<1.9,1.8>,
<1.85,1.95>,

<1.7,2>
}

#declare pricnt = 0;
#declare max_pricnt = dimension_size(ar_prism,1);
prism {
cubic_spline
//linear_spline
0,
1,
max_pricnt,
#while (pricnt<(max_pricnt-1))
	ar_prism[pricnt],
	#declare pricnt = pricnt + 1;
#end //while
ar_prism[pricnt]
pigment { color <255,255,255>/255 }
scale <0.3,1,0.25>
}

#declare cnt = 0;
#declare max_cnt = dimension_size(ar_prism,1);
union{
#while (cnt<max_cnt)
	sphere {
		<ar_prism[cnt].x, 4, ar_prism[cnt].y>, .05
		pigment { color <255,0,0>/255 }
	}
	#declare cnt = cnt + 1;
#end //while