POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : prism and (not) rounded corners : Re: prism and (not) rounded corners Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: prism and (not) rounded corners
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 11 Oct 2006 17:36:37
Message: <452d63e5@news.povray.org>
> but now cubic_spline in superellipsoid produces stars at the corners.
> does anybody have a clue, why? and how can it be done better?

Cubic means that POV attempts to fit each set of 3 points to a curve,
because your prism has sides that are long and flat and the corners are
mostly sharp, the long sides have more "weight", to avoid this just add
a few points on the flat part close to the corners, which means 5
points for a corner.

I like SplilinEditor, it exports lathes and prisms...
http://www.flashnet.it/users/fn027571/spil/index.html