POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture Question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Texture Question (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Robert A
Subject: Texture Question
Date: 8 Apr 2006 17:04:09
Message: <44382549$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Is it possible to have a surface rendered as a pure color unaffected by
light but with shadows ? Kind of like the background color but with shadows.

So if I had a plane set to color <1.0, 0.0, 0.0> it will be RGB(255, 0, 0)
everywhere except where there is shadow. I'm making 2D images of GUI
controls so this would be very useful, especially in creating the alpha
mask.

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message