POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture Question : Re: Texture Question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture Question
From: Bob H
Date: 8 Apr 2006 17:52:14
Message: <4438308e$1@news.povray.org>
"Robert A." <inv### [at] invalidorg> wrote in message

> Is it possible to have a surface rendered as a pure color unaffected by
> light but with shadows ? Kind of like the background color but with
> shadows.
>
> So if I had a plane set to color <1.0, 0.0, 0.0> it will be RGB(255, 0, 0)
> everywhere except where there is shadow. I'm making 2D images of GUI
> controls so this would be very useful, especially in creating the alpha
> mask.

Your message post got added as a much older thread. Here's an idea:

finish {ambient 0 diffuse 3}  // diffuse higher than 1 anyhow

That could probably do okay. Should oversaturate the color, leaving shadows
but not allowing it to lose brightness from varying lighting angles. Of
course, a plane is easier to keep uniform in color compared to other
objects.