POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : photons and shadows Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  photons and shadows (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Piotr 'utak3r' Borys
Subject: photons and shadows
Date: 27 Mar 2006 03:10:14
Message: <44279de6$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I have a nice scene with some glass objects. There're two lights (one
point light and one area light). Everything is beautiful, shadows below
those glassy things are nice coloured depending on the interior section:

   interior {
     ior 1.9
     fade_power 1001
     fade_distance 0.65
     fade_color <1.0, 1.0, 0.0>
   }

BUT - whenever I try to use photons, those shadows become pure black
(under the glass - I mean when I can see this shadow directly, its
transparent - although not coloured, just gray, but when I'm looking on
this shadow through the glass, it's black). Is it max_trace_level too
low? I've set it as high as 20 and nothing changes... I'd really want to
add some nice caustics, but for now the better version comes without
photons.
BTW, is there any other method to get refractive caustics? Even fake one...

cheers
--
Piotr "utak3r" Borys

Post a reply to this message