POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Footprints in sand Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  Footprints in sand (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: KesAFloyd
Subject: Footprints in sand
Date: 19 Mar 2006 23:25:00
Message: <web.441e2e8d794d1e9d3b3334080@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm trying to make footprints in sand. I created a height map in
Photoshop and have the general depressed foot shape, but I'd like to
somehow insert it into a plane to depress the plane. I don't want to just
create a huge height map with multiple footprints because I want the
freedom of rearranging them as I work. I also don't want to create a block
of foot, insert it into a block of ground, and take a difference because
that would create very rigid, unnatural looking footprints, especially
because sand slides into holes very easily. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks

Post a reply to this message