POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rocky road Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Rocky road (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: ChaoZ
Subject: Rocky road
Date: 12 Mar 2006 01:30:00
Message: <web.4413bf9a530ca791bd58a3560@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm trying to create a rocky surface of bauxite and I was wondering what
would be the easiest way of doing it. Should I use a bump map of noise
generated from photoshop? I don't think it will give an visual of pebbles,
but more of tiny spikes or mountains instead.

The surface should similar to what is shown here:
http://www.minerals.org.au/__data/assets/image/7314/bauxite.jpg

Obviously I don't want to go in and render each pebble individually, but is
there something that can generate a field of them automatically or give the
appearance of them?

I'm a relatively new user of povray and 3D rendering programs in general, so
any help would be appreciated.

Post a reply to this message