POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help me with color_map, texture_map, bump_map with image_map Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  help me with color_map, texture_map, bump_map with image_map (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Penelope20k
Subject: help me with color_map, texture_map, bump_map with image_map
Date: 2 Feb 2006 12:25:00
Message: <web.43e23f20c23a6d944fdbe430@news.povray.org>
I will enjoy if you can help me on this little problem

In fact i don't know how to order my texture with, color_map etc..

I would like to create some kind of grid, for that i have created a template
( called test_ch.jpg) which is the looking of my grid (black & white
picture)
in my texture i would like that the color 0 (white there) will be fully
transparent, and that all other color (grey and black) will be bump with the
color 'cu_rouille.jpg' image (which is a complete image with details)..

How can i do this?

Well, i still have the possibility to compute that 2 images to create only
one, but i m still stack for assigning to the color 0 the transparency
require ...

Thanks for answering ..

Post a reply to this message

> I will enjoy if you can help me on this little problem
>
> In fact i don't know how to order my texture with, color_map etc..
>

> I would like to create some kind of grid, for that i have created a
template
> ( called test_ch.jpg) which is the looking of my grid (black & white
> picture)
> in my texture i would like that the color 0 (white there) will be fully
> transparent, and that all other color (grey and black) will be bump with
the
> color 'cu_rouille.jpg' image (which is a complete image with details)..
>
> How can i do this?
>
> Well, i still have the possibility to compute that 2 images to create only
> one, but i m still stack for assigning to the color 0 the transparency
> require ...
>

> Thanks for answering ..

You could try image_pattern which is a very usefull feature (as well as
pigment_pattern)
The following code could do the trick

#declare T_transparent= texture{pigment{color rgbt 1}}
#declare T_rouille = texture {pigment {image_map {"cu_rouille.jpg"
interpolate 4}}}

#declare T_grille= texture {
      image_pattern
      {
            jpg   "test_ch.jpg"
      }
      texture_map
      {
         [0.0     T_transparent]
         [1.0     T_rouille]
      }
   }

//Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 Feb 2006 18:04:08
Message: <43e28fe8$1@news.povray.org>
The way I read the question, might be a need to change file format type to
something using only 256 colors or having an indexed "palette" because jpeg
(or jpg) image files, being non-paletted, won't have a specific index to
replace with a texture.

Section 3.5.5.3 of the Scene Help describes material_map and that could also
be useful.

Post a reply to this message

From: Penelope20k
Date: 6 Feb 2006 07:15:01
Message: <web.43e73ca91fdf6da23a0167500@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> > I will enjoy if you can help me on this little problem
> >
> > In fact i don't know how to order my texture with, color_map etc..
> >

> > I would like to create some kind of grid, for that i have created a
> template
> > ( called test_ch.jpg) which is the looking of my grid (black & white
> > picture)
> > in my texture i would like that the color 0 (white there) will be fully
> > transparent, and that all other color (grey and black) will be bump with
> the
> > color 'cu_rouille.jpg' image (which is a complete image with details)..
> >
> > How can i do this?
> >
> > Well, i still have the possibility to compute that 2 images to create only
> > one, but i m still stack for assigning to the color 0 the transparency
> > require ...
> >

> > Thanks for answering ..
> >
> You could try image_pattern which is a very usefull feature (as well as
> pigment_pattern)
> The following code could do the trick
>
> #declare T_transparent= texture{pigment{color rgbt 1}}
> #declare T_rouille = texture {pigment {image_map {"cu_rouille.jpg"
> interpolate 4}}}
>
> #declare T_grille= texture {
>       image_pattern
>       {
>             jpg   "test_ch.jpg"
>       }
>       texture_map
>       {
>          [0.0     T_transparent]
>          [1.0     T_rouille]
>       }
>    }
>

> //Marc

thansk , thats what i was looking for ..

thanks for your help