POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Graphics into POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Graphics into POV-Ray (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: djgtram
Subject: Graphics into POV-Ray
Date: 1 Nov 2005 05:00:01
Message: <web.43673b8e9b7453c23abf13c30@news.povray.org>
Hello,

this might well be a FAQ question but I tried to find an answer and
I couldn't.

I used POV-Ray many years ago (nearly a decade) and I'm familiar with the
features and still remember the basic ideas of the language. Now, after all
those years, I'd need to render something again. The objects I need to
incorporate into the scene are in a CorelDRAW vector art (a logo,
actually). Was there any progress about how to convert such objects to
POV-Ray in all these years or do I have to go the route I knew all too well
back then, manually converting the objects, one by one, to POV-Ray objects?

Thanks,

Post a reply to this message

>this might well be a FAQ question but I tried to find an answer and
>I couldn't.
>
>I used POV-Ray many years ago (nearly a decade) and I'm familiar with the
>features and still remember the basic ideas of the language. Now, after all
>those years, I'd need to render something again. The objects I need to
>incorporate into the scene are in a CorelDRAW vector art (a logo,
>actually). Was there any progress about how to convert such objects to
>POV-Ray in all these years or do I have to go the route I knew all too well
>back then, manually converting the objects, one by one, to POV-Ray objects?

If you can export your vectors as an svg file, then inkscape can extrude
a POV object from them.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure