POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Turn an arrow Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Turn an arrow (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Oleguer Vilella
Subject: Turn an arrow
Date: 22 Jul 2005 06:09:36
Message: <42e0c5e0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I've done this arrow:
======================================
union {
cone { <0,0,0>,2,<3,0,0>,0  }
cylinder  { <-5,0,0>,<0,0,0>,1 }
pigment { color  Gray*1.2   }
scale <3, 1.6, 1>
scale 0.5
rotate <0, 0, -90>
}
======================================
Now I was thinking how can I turn the cylinder like a bridge.

I thought that using a spline would work, but I'm not sure if it's the
easiest way, because I think should be another easier way to turn the

Using this:

#local yPos = Ampl*sin(xFreq*xCnt/xNr*2*pi)*cos(zFreq*zCnt/zNr*2*pi);

and then declaring:

#declare Amplitude = 30;

to make the arch.

Any ideas?