POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : povray does not start Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  povray does not start (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: zafer yılmaz
Subject: povray does not start
Date: 4 Jul 2005 03:12:42
Message: <42c8e16a$1@news.povray.org>
hi,
  i install povray 2 weeks ago, now i can not start it.
error message :
AppName: pvengine.exe AppVer: 3.6.0.0 ModName: cmedit32.dll

ModVer: 3.0.0.0 Offset: 0000adb0

i have reinstalled it but problem didn't solved.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iso-8859-9' (1 KB)

>   i install povray 2 weeks ago, now i can not start it.
> error message :
>
> AppName: pvengine.exe AppVer: 3.6.0.0 ModName: cmedit32.dll
>
> ModVer: 3.0.0.0 Offset: 0000adb0
>
> i have reinstalled it but problem didn't solved.

Is it Megapov?  I recall there is an extra dll related thing you need to
do to install it.

Date: 4 Jul 2005 14:09:53
Message: <42c97b71@news.povray.org>
> Is it Megapov?  I recall there is an extra dll related thing you need to
> do to install it.

it is not megapov but i downoad megapov and it is working.
i changed dll files it gives error messages but it is working. when i backup
original dll files
problem was solved.
i dont understand how but it works
thanks...

Post a reply to this message

From: Chrisir
Date: 25 Jul 2005 11:50:00
Message: <web.42e50a041fdacbf777c7c2360@news.povray.org>
How did you solve your problem?

I encounter the same.

Thx!

Post a reply to this message

From: pink ink
Date: 27 Jul 2005 20:20:00
Message: <web.42e823ce1fdacbf7a84faa690@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I also had the same problem.
well, HAD... :-)

Try this:
- deinstall POV-Ray,
- search for the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\POV-Ray" in the registry
and delete it,
- install POV-Ray again.

Thanks to woodcarver for this hint!

pink ink

Post a reply to this message

From: Betelgeuse
Date: 4 Sep 2005 09:05:01
Message: <web.431af0281fdacbf768bde2a20@news.povray.org>
I think I have the same problem too, but what is this 'registry' you are
talking about?

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 4 Sep 2005 10:06:19
Message: <431aff5b$1@news.povray.org>
Betelgeuse nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-09-04 09:02:
> I think I have the same problem too, but what is this 'registry' you are
> talking about?

When running windows, it's a large databese/initialisation structure. It contains
about all settings
for the working of windows as well as most programms and applications. It replace a
large number of
INI and CFG files.
You can view and edit it by using regedit.exe. If you do edit, start by making a
restore point and
backing the registry. Mamy change won't affect your system, some can disable a
programm, some can
totaly screw up windows!!!

Alain