POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : povray does not start : Re: povray does not start Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray does not start
From: Alain
Date: 4 Sep 2005 10:06:19
Message: <431aff5b$1@news.povray.org>
Betelgeuse nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-09-04 09:02:
> I think I have the same problem too, but what is this 'registry' you are
> talking about?

When running windows, it's a large databese/initialisation structure. It contains
about all settings
for the working of windows as well as most programms and applications. It replace a
large number of
INI and CFG files.
You can view and edit it by using regedit.exe. If you do edit, start by making a
restore point and
backing the registry. Mamy change won't affect your system, some can disable a
programm, some can
totaly screw up windows!!!

Alain