POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Silent rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Silent rendering (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Robert Rohde
Subject: Silent rendering
Date: 16 Jan 2005 00:40:00
Message: <web.41e9fdccbdaf629ee466bc440@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Im trying to use PovRay from my own program to render some (simple) images.
So far I have been able to start Povray from the command line to do so, but
on every run the povray window comes up, renders the image and then closes
again. I use the command line options '/RENDER' and '/EXIT'. Is there any
way to render images with povray without a window popping up? Is there
probably even an easy way to access the povray functionality directly
without having to start the program itsself?
Im working with the windows version.

Thx for any hints.
Robert

Post a reply to this message

> way to render images with povray without a window popping up?

If the only window popping up is the display window (that is, not the
editor, which I think should be the case if you're running the right
executable), then try adding -D to the command line arguments.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> > Is there any
> > way to render images with povray without a window popping up?
>
> If the only window popping up is the display window (that is, not the
> editor, which I think should be the case if you're running the right
> executable), then try adding -D to the command line arguments.
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Well it is the editor. Your answer tells me there should be more than one
executable. I searched the Povray installation folder and only found one
executable. And that one is starting the editor.
Where can I get other executables? Or am I just stupid?

Post a reply to this message

> Well it is the editor. Your answer tells me there should be more than one
> executable. I searched the Povray installation folder and only found one
> executable. And that one is starting the editor.

For some reason I was under the impression that the editor and renderer were
separate executables, but apparently I was wrong.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message