POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 2D rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  2D rendering (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: David Robinson
Subject: 2D rendering
Date: 26 Oct 2004 09:12:14
Message: <417e4d2e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

Very quick question. Is there a way to make an object render with no shadows
or highlights? Sort of a pseudo-2D output.

I got the right output with a test model by setting transparancy to 1, but
this won't work on the actual model since there are overlaps. Of course,
diffuse=0 gives a jet black object.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

David

Post a reply to this message

> Very quick question. Is there a way to make an object render with no
> shadows or highlights? Sort of a pseudo-2D output.

Well, that's exactly what no_shadow is for!
See your usual help file :-)

--

l'habillement, les chaussures que le maquillage et les accessoires.

Post a reply to this message

O, and have a look at the orthographic camera if you want 2D pictures.

JWV

"David Robinson" <tdf### [at] ezrscom> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> Very quick question. Is there a way to make an object render with no
shadows
> or highlights? Sort of a pseudo-2D output.
>
> I got the right output with a test model by setting transparancy to 1, but
> this won't work on the actual model since there are overlaps. Of course,
> diffuse=0 gives a jet black object.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> David