POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 2D rendering : Re: 2D rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2D rendering
From: David Robinson
Date: 26 Oct 2004 10:47:30
Message: <417e6382$1@news.povray.org>
"Le Forgeron" <jgr### [at] freelocalhost> wrote in message

> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Very quick question. Is there a way to make an object render with no
> > shadows or highlights? Sort of a pseudo-2D output.
>
> Well, that's exactly what no_shadow is for!
> See your usual help file :-)

Sounds perfect :) But I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm actually just using POV for rendering a mesh that has been exported to a
.inc file. I have a .pov file that includes:

---
// Object2
#declare Object2Material = material {
texture {
  pigment { color rgbf <0, 0.5, 0, 0> }
  finish  { ambient 1 diffuse 1 }
  }
}
#declare Object2 = object {
   #include "helix_curve2.inc"
}
object { Object2 material { Object2Material }}
---

As a n00b I see three places to put no_shadow, according to the help file.
After finish{}, after #include..... and after object { Object2...

I've tried all three and it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

David