POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : wtf isosurface! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:31:11 EDT (-0400)
  wtf isosurface! (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Soace Munky
Subject: wtf isosurface!
Date: 15 Oct 2004 18:51:58
Message: <4170548e$1@news.povray.org>
isosurface
{
	function
	{f_sphere(x, y, z, 1.2)-f_noise3d(x, y, z)}
}
all i get is a box! whats going on!?!?!!!1adslkfj
I can't figure this out, what am I missing? help!

Post a reply to this message

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Re: wtf isosurface!
Date: 15 Oct 2004 19:18:46
Message: <41705ad6$1@news.povray.org>
Soace Munky wrote:
> isosurface
> {
>     function
>     {f_sphere(x, y, z, 1.2)-f_noise3d(x, y, z)}
> }
> all i get is a box! whats going on!?!?!!!1adslkfj
> I can't figure this out, what am I missing? help!

First: Watch your language.

Second: Here's some documentation for you to read:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/300/
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/73/
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/157/
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/531/

Third: A modified version of your your code that renders ok:

// ===== 1 ======= 2 ======= 3 ======= 4 ======= 5 ======= 6 ======= 7

#version 3.6;

#include "colors.inc"
#include "functions.inc"

// ===== 1 ======= 2 ======= 3 ======= 4 ======= 5 ======= 6 ======= 7
// The isosurface object. Note that less noise is added.

isosurface {
   function {
     f_sphere(x, y, z, 1.2) - 0.5*f_noise3d(x, y, z)
   }
   contained_by { sphere { <0, 0, 0>, 3 } }
   pigment { color White }
}

// ===== 1 ======= 2 ======= 3 ======= 4 ======= 5 ======= 6 ======= 7

light_source { <1, 1, -1>*100 color White }

camera {
   location -5*z
   look_at 0*y
}