POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : wtf isosurface! : Re: isosurface! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface!
From: Alain
Date: 16 Oct 2004 11:23:48
Message: <41713d04$1@news.povray.org>
Soace Munky nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-10-15 20:36... :

> Soace Munky wrote:
>
>> isosurface
>> {
>>     function
>>     {f_sphere(x, y, z, 1.2)-f_noise3d(x, y, z)}
>> }
>> all i get is a box! whats going on!?!?!!!1adslkfj
>> I can't figure this out, what am I missing? help!
>
> so sorry for the stupid question...i missed the part where default is
> defined. i picked this up only a few days ago, imfairly new to this.
> i figured it out...
> im screwing around with media, trying to put bubbles of fog in muddy
> water, and i needed a shape for a more-or-less bubble of air.

Relatively small bubles under the water surface are spherics. Those on
the surface have the bottom side flatened, doable with a merge of a half
sphere, a torus and a short sylinder.
Try this:
Have your water have the hollow attribute with an ior of 1.33. Use an
union to place your underwater bubbles using an ior or 1, if using
dispersion, use a value around 0.9.

Alain