POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : some questions on radiosity technique Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  some questions on radiosity technique (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bill Hails
Subject: some questions on radiosity technique
Date: 11 Jun 2004 17:31:20
Message: <40ca24a8@news.povray.org>
Hi.
I have some questions about the radiosity save_file and
load_file, hope someone can help.

If I'm pre-rendering with:
radiosity {
        save_file "mypic.rad"
        always_sample on
}
to get a save file, then
radiosity {
        load_file "mypic.rad"
        always_sample off
}
at a higher res for the final image, then:

1) do the saved radiosity data after the pretrace
of the first render get used in the final render?

2) is there any point in turning anti-aliasing on
for the first render?

I'm assuming 1) yes, and 2) no, for now :-)

--
Bill Hails
http://thyme.homelinux.net/

Post a reply to this message