POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Producing the output file from Benchmark.ini Benchmark.pov Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Producing the output file from Benchmark.ini Benchmark.pov (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: nomail
Subject: Producing the output file from Benchmark.ini Benchmark.pov
Date: 21 May 2004 15:50:00
Message: <web.40ae5d4a7993b632186d05510@news.povray.org>
I tried to run benchmark again just to check the out put file. (benchmark
..ini was already set up so that it does not generate the output into a
file. But I somehow I wanted to get this image rather than just viewing
from the site.

Ok...I changed the one of the option in benchmark.ini file. (changed Off to
On for out put to file)

Then I typed the following command in the terminal.

            povray benchmark.ini benchmark.pov +L......

I though it would work but.....After sorting photons the terminal says File
Init Error: Cannot open output file".

Do I need to correct other settings?

Post a reply to this message

> I tried to run benchmark again just to check the out put file. (benchmark
> ..ini was already set up so that it does not generate the output into a
> file. But I somehow I wanted to get this image rather than just viewing
> from the site.
>
> Ok...I changed the one of the option in benchmark.ini file. (changed Off
> to On for out put to file)
>
> Then I typed the following command in the terminal.
>
>             povray benchmark.ini benchmark.pov +L......
>

> I though it would work but.....After sorting photons the terminal says
> File Init Error: Cannot open output file".

Depending on the configuration of your filesystem I guess this error occurs
because Povray doesn't have the rights to write the file. Try to use a
complete filename you are allowed to write. (Like povray +O~/benchmark.png
if you are using Unix.)