POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Broken Stone Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Broken Stone (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: SkinRock
Subject: Broken Stone
Date: 28 Apr 2004 01:10:01
Message: <web.408f3b87a5f405d44e6ccf840@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm still kind of a new user, I've been goofing around with POV on and
off for awhile.  I was just wondering what the best way would be to go
about giving an object that is made of stone, a broken/chipped look.  Not
necessarily from errosion, but from using a chisel to mold the stone,
having little cracks and indentations.  The object is just made from this:
difference{
cylinder {
  0*x,  .75*x,  1
  rotate y*60
  texture { T_Grnt25 }
}
cylinder {
  -1*x,  2*x,  .4
  rotate y*60
  texture { T_Grnt25 }
}
}
I'm looking to give the outer side the chipped look.  I was thinking using
splines inside the difference bracket, but I didn't know if there might be
any easier way.  Thanks!

Post a reply to this message