POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Spline Tutorial Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Spline Tutorial (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Brent G
Subject: Spline Tutorial
Date: 28 Jan 2004 23:35:45
Message: <40188da1$1@news.povray.org>
Is there one of these around for beginners? I was trying to make a '2d'
heart using a sphere_sweep but it's looking rather . . . bad :) TIA.

-Brent

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: Spline Tutorial
Date: 31 Jan 2004 14:11:32
Message: <cjameshuff-FB782A.14113431012004@news.povray.org>
In article <40188da1$1@news.povray.org>, Brent G <pov### [at] bc-hqcom>
wrote:

> Is there one of these around for beginners? I was trying to make a '2d'
> heart using a sphere_sweep but it's looking rather . . . bad :) TIA.

Well, there's the entire "Spline Based Shapes" section in the beginning
tutorial included in the documentation...
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/47/

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

>>Is there one of these around for beginners? I was trying to make a '2d'
>>heart using a sphere_sweep but it's looking rather . . . bad :) TIA.
>

> Well, there's the entire "Spline Based Shapes" section in the beginning
> tutorial included in the documentation...
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/47/

Yea I saw that section, but doesn't help me much, my problem lies in the
fact of figuring how to calculate the points and all.

Post a reply to this message