POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Spline Tutorial : Re: Spline Tutorial Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline Tutorial
From: gonzo
Date: 1 Feb 2004 14:40:03
Message: <401d5613$1@news.povray.org>
Brent G <pov### [at] bc-hqcom> wrote in message
> Christopher James Huff wrote:
> > In article <40188da1$1@news.povray.org>, Brent G <pov### [at] bc-hqcom>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>Is there one of these around for beginners? I was trying to make a '2d'
> >>heart using a sphere_sweep but it's looking rather . . . bad :) TIA.
> >

> > Well, there's the entire "Spline Based Shapes" section in the beginning
> > tutorial included in the documentation...
> > http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/47/
> >

> Yea I saw that section, but doesn't help me much, my problem lies in the
> fact of figuring how to calculate the points and all.

Try SpilinEditor, a nifty little utility available here:
http://www.flashnet.it/users/fn027571/spil/main.html
Very handy for making complex splines.  While the program only does prisms &
lathes, you can copy to the clipboard and then paste into POV and change to
any kind of spline.  I often also use it for sphere_sweeps & splines to make
paths.

RG