POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Perturbing turbulence Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Perturbing turbulence (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Aaron Plattner
Subject: Perturbing turbulence
Date: 18 Sep 2003 16:09:08
Message: <3f6a10e4$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to render some realistic cloud images in POV-Ray for use as
textures in an OpenGL program, and I made one that looks pretty good.  What
I'd like to do now is do something akin to changing the DNoise seed so I can
generate different clouds without making them any more or less turbulent.
How can I do that?

Thanks,
Aaron

Post a reply to this message

>I'm trying to render some realistic cloud images in POV-Ray for use as
>textures in an OpenGL program, and I made one that looks pretty good.  What
>I'd like to do now is do something akin to changing the DNoise seed so I can
>generate different clouds without making them any more or less turbulent.
>How can I do that?

If you're talking about a cloud pigment on a two dimensional surface,
then just translate the pigment in the third dimension. For example in
this complete scene, replace the 123 by any other number.

#include "textures.inc"

plane {z,10
 pigment {Bright_Blue_Sky translate z*123}
 finish {ambient 1}
}

--
Mike Williams