POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Perturbing turbulence : Re: Perturbing turbulence Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:31:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perturbing turbulence
From: Mike Williams
Date: 18 Sep 2003 19:28:46
Message: <CllcHDAA+ja$EwnD@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Aaron Plattner who wrote:
>I'm trying to render some realistic cloud images in POV-Ray for use as
>textures in an OpenGL program, and I made one that looks pretty good.  What
>I'd like to do now is do something akin to changing the DNoise seed so I can
>generate different clouds without making them any more or less turbulent.
>How can I do that?

If you're talking about a cloud pigment on a two dimensional surface,
then just translate the pigment in the third dimension. For example in
this complete scene, replace the 123 by any other number.

#include "textures.inc"

plane {z,10
 pigment {Bright_Blue_Sky translate z*123}
 finish {ambient 1}
}

--
Mike Williams