POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help on transparency Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Help on transparency (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dave
Subject: Help on transparency
Date: 20 Aug 2003 04:50:31
Message: <3f433657$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm trying to create a moving gif with a transparent background to put into
a web page.

I can create what I want as a png file which, in PovRay, looks like a
transparent background (ie the grey-white check).  However, if I open the
images in Photoshop, or insert into a web page, the background is black.

I have used

background { color rgbf <0,0,0,1> }

in the .pov file and

+UA