POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help on transparency : Re: Help on transparency Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help on transparency
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 20 Aug 2003 07:13:34
Message: <3f4357de$1@news.povray.org>
From my experience all imaging tools don't handle png's transparency
very well. I'm a bit supprised Photoshop doesn't though, but you can try
with Gimp which supports it and save your image as gif or use ImageMagik
convert utility.

Into web pages, it depends on the browser, IE doesn't do transparency
(new versions might though), but Mozilla handles it.

Also, the background color that you set doesn't matter since you put the
+UA option.

JC