POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : corner detection and textures Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  corner detection and textures (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: David
Subject: corner detection and textures
Date: 25 Jul 2003 12:05:01
Message: <web.3f215484da245f5a5c8e72650@news.povray.org>
Hi,

sorry if this is an old topic but - is there any way to write a texture that
will respond to corners (outward or inward inward facing)?

The reason I want to do this is to add a weathered and used effect to my
model. The inward corners dirty the outward lighter colors.

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David

Post a reply to this message

Hmm, not sure I understand what you are after here... sounds like you want
the dents in the surface that are facing inward (towards the center of the
object) to have a specific texture?

--
Doug Eichenberg
www.getinfo.net/douge

Post a reply to this message

>Hmm, not sure I understand what you are after here... sounds like you want
>the dents in the surface that are facing inward (towards the center of the
>object) to have a specific texture?
>
>--
>Doug Eichenberg
>www.getinfo.net/douge
>dou### [at] nlsnet

Sorry I must have phrased it wrong. What I want is away of simulating dirt
collecting in corners.

        |  dirt effect in here
 edge   | /
   of   |/     OUTSIDE