POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : corner detection and textures : Re: corner detection and textures Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: corner detection and textures
From: Tom Melly
Date: 29 Jul 2003 10:14:53
Message: <3f26815d$1@news.povray.org>
"David" <dh2### [at] iucrorg> wrote in message

> Sorry I must have phrased it wrong. What I want is away of simulating dirt
> collecting in corners.

IMHO the short answer is "no" - the longer answer is "yes, but not with just a
texture".

Options include image maps or applying appropriate textures to each wall
separately.

The problem you/pov faces with this is that the areas where dirt collects say
more about the cleaning-lady's abilities rather than any inherant property of
the point that you want clean/dirty (so, for example, the slope pattern is no
help).