POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Cyrillic fonts in scene Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Cyrillic fonts in scene (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dennis Miller
Subject: Cyrillic fonts in scene
Date: 12 Apr 2003 10:15:41
Message: <3e981f8d$1@news.povray.org>
A follow-up to the thread in General.

I am trying to get Cyrillic text to appear in a scene. After reading thru
the info at a Cyriillic font site, I installed Multilanguage support via the
Windows Setup in Add/Remove programs, then installed a Keyboard layout
utility that allows me to switch between English and Russian. Next, I
specified global_settings { charset utf8   } as specified in the manual and
the thread in General.

Next, I entered the text while using the Russian keyboard layout and it
appears in Cyrillic on my screen in the "text" object in the scene (I tried
Courier and Times), but when I render the scene, the text itself appears in
the same block/rectangular font (i.e., the unrecognized font) as described
by Greg.
If I switch to Word and start to enter text, I see it in Cyrllic when I use
either Courier or Times.
Obviously there is one more step I am missing.
Any suggestions?
thanks,
Dennis

--