POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Trees shadows Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Trees shadows (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Slashdolt
Subject: Trees shadows
Date: 7 Feb 2003 14:03:20
Message: <3e4402f8$3@news.povray.org>
I have a fairly complex outdoor scene.  I want to add some trees to it, but
trees take up lots of resources, so I want to minimize the impact.  One of
the things I need is to have trees which provide shadows, and sometimes dim
reflections on other surfaces, but these trees are not directly visible in
the picture.

I'm looking for a way of reducing the resources used by the trees while
still keeping the shadows and (very) dim reflections.  I'm using TomTree
(modified by Gena recently), which produces amazing (yet memory hogging)
results

--
Slash

Post a reply to this message