POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animation software? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Animation software? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: mr
Subject: Animation software?
Date: 7 Dec 2002 14:05:22
Message: <3df24672@news.povray.org>
More frustration as I impatiently try to create an animation from an example
in POVRAY...

OK, so my frames are rendered.  The help file reads:

"a number of programs available that will take a series of still image files
(such as POV-Ray outputs) and assemble them into animations. Such programs
can produce AVI, MPEG, FLI/FLC, QuickTime, or even animated GIF files (for
use on the World Wide Web). The trick, therefore, is how to produce the
frames. That, of course, is where POV-Ray comes in..."

So what software do I need to put together the .tga files produced by the
render example pentmap ?  Isn't this included with POVRAY?

TIA,

Mark.

Post a reply to this message

> OK, so my frames are rendered.  The help file reads:
<snip>
> So what software do I need to put together the .tga files produced by the
> render example pentmap ?

I have several image-to-animation utility programs listed on the links pages at
povray.org. See -

http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Animation_Utilities/

> Isn't this included with POVRAY?

Compiling animations from still images is not a feature included with POV-Ray.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message