POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurface help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  isosurface help (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: ehmdjii
Subject: isosurface help
Date: 2 Dec 2003 17:26:32
Message: <Xns9445EE7715A9ehmdjiiNOSPAMgmxnet@204.213.191.226>
im still having problems understanding isosurfaces.

how would a function look like that creates a hole through a box?

let me explain in 2D from top down:

#########
#########
#########
###   ###
###   ###
###   ###
#########
#########
#########

thanks!

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Williams
Subject: Re: isosurface help
Date: 3 Dec 2003 01:07:28
Message: <2QZuLHAU2Xz$EwrL@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it ehmdjii who wrote:
>im still having problems understanding isosurfaces.
>
>how would a function look like that creates a hole through a box?
>
>let me explain in 2D from top down:
>
>#########
>#########
>#########
>###   ###
>###   ###
>###   ###
>#########
>#########
>#########
>
>thanks!

In my isosurface tutorial you can find out how to make an isosurface box
here: http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/simple.htm#box

and how to create the intersection of two isosurfaces here:
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/combine.htm#inters

But you want the difference, not the intersection, so you need to turn
the inner isosurface inside out:
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/insideout.htm

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 06:07:16 +0000, Mike Williams
<nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:

>In my isosurface tutorial you can find out how to make an isosurface box
>here: http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/simple.htm#box

hi Mike!
Your tutorial is great!
Is there a downloadable and printable version.
I love to learn such things in bed...;-)
--
Erhard Ducke

Post a reply to this message