POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurface help : Re: isosurface help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface help
From: Tim Riley
Date: 3 Dec 2003 17:17:39
Message: <3fce6103$1@news.povray.org>
> Wasn't it Erhard Ducke who wrote:
>>Your tutorial is great!
>>Is there a downloadable and printable version.

> And Mike Williams replied:
> There's only what you see there, the web pages and the zips of the
> example files. The only way to download it is to use File->SaveAs in
> your browser. To print them I suggest trying switching off "Print
> background colours and images" and either setting your View text size to
> "smallest" or telling your browser to print in landscape mode.
>
> I've not actually checked whether all the pages print correctly with
> those settings, and it might depend on what printer you use. [The
> problem is that I use <pre> to control the formatting of samples of
> code, and that can prevent the browser reformatting the page to be
> narrow enough to fit.]

One of the best features of Adobe Acrobat is the ability to create pdf documents
from web URLs, including multiple pages with links. Your Isosurface tutorial
became a 106 page pdf that I can read at home (where I have a 16.6K (max)
dial-up connection).

Just a note: the links to the three moebius images on the param.inc page are broken.

Thanks for the tutorial. I refer to it quite a bit. You did an excellent job.