POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Compiling MacMagePov vx.x (Chris Huff????? :-) ) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:30:35 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling MacMagePov vx.x (Chris Huff????? :-) ) (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Compiling MacMagePov vx.x (Chris Huff????? :-) )
Date: 21 May 2000 17:40:19
Message: <chrishuff_99-6894FB.16435521052000@news.povray.org>
In article <392222B0.B21B3141@earthlink.net>, rdm### [at] earthlinknet wrote:

> I think i like the old radiosity better... How should i change the source
> to revert to the old radiosity files... I tried replacing the <
> radiosit.c, radiosit.h, & rad_data.c > files with no luck... it
> complained of errors w/ radiosit.c and lighting.c...? is there an easy
> way to fix this...
> The new radiosity seems quite boring... Se post < rad. not rad. > in pbi.
>
> The old one was much nicer...
> IMHO...

The changes are probably too tightly integrated to separate from
everything else without a large amount of work.

What exactly don't you like about the new one?
It is faster, smoother, less buggy, and does a much better simulation of
light. Perhaps you are just using the wrong settings, the ones that were
good for the official version don't work as well in the new radiosity.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/

Post a reply to this message

> The changes are probably too tightly integrated to separate from
> everything else without a large amount of work.

I had a feeling... Maybe later ...?

> What exactly don't you like about the new one?
> It is faster, smoother, less buggy, and does a much better simulation of
> light. Perhaps you are just using the wrong settings, the ones that were
> good for the official version don't work as well in the new radiosity.

See my "Rad not Rad" post to see what i want to achieve... I tried changing
settings to match w/ little success... Both images use the default settings...