POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC CD-ROMs? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:38:17 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC CD-ROMs? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Greg Kennedy
Subject: IRTC CD-ROMs?
Date: 24 Feb 2021 23:20:00
Message: <web.603723e23dc1c623e1bf04640@news.povray.org>
I am looking for copies of the IRTC CD-ROMs that used to be for sale on the
POV-Ray site.  These would have been available up until 2005, and there were
five years' worth (I think).  I'm mostly interested because, while most entries
are still available from irtc.org, some of the disc descriptions mention having
higher resolution renders or uncompressed image formats.

Does anyone have copies of these kicking around?  Seems at least like something
good to put up on the Internet Archive, maybe.

Post a reply to this message

"Greg Kennedy" <ken### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I am looking for copies of the IRTC CD-ROMs that used to be for sale on the
> POV-Ray site.  These would have been available up until 2005, and there were
> five years' worth (I think).  I'm mostly interested because, while most entries
> are still available from irtc.org, some of the disc descriptions mention having
> higher resolution renders or uncompressed image formats.
>

> Does anyone have copies of these kicking around?  Seems at least like something
> good to put up on the Internet Archive, maybe.

If someone does, then they should try to get it hosted somewhere like here :

source codes :
https://www.softwareheritage.org/

CDROMS :
https://archive.org/details/cdromimages

Post a reply to this message

> "Greg Kennedy" <ken### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> I am looking for copies of the IRTC CD-ROMs that used to be for sale on the
>> POV-Ray site.  These would have been available up until 2005, and there were
>> five years' worth (I think).  I'm mostly interested because, while most entries
>> are still available from irtc.org, some of the disc descriptions mention having
>> higher resolution renders or uncompressed image formats.
>>

>> Does anyone have copies of these kicking around?  Seems at least like something
>> good to put up on the Internet Archive, maybe.
>
> If someone does, then they should try to get it hosted somewhere like here :
>
> source codes :
> https://www.softwareheritage.org/
>
> CDROMS :
> https://archive.org/details/cdromimages

No CD-ROM but archives here :
<ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/graphics/>

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise

Post a reply to this message

On 25/02/2021 15:15, Greg Kennedy wrote:
> I am looking for copies of the IRTC CD-ROMs that used to be for sale on the
> POV-Ray site.  These would have been available up until 2005, and there were
> five years' worth (I think).  I'm mostly interested because, while most entries
> are still available from irtc.org, some of the disc descriptions mention having
> higher resolution renders or uncompressed image formats.
>

> Does anyone have copies of these kicking around?  Seems at least like something
> good to put up on the Internet Archive, maybe.

I've uploaded the full set to the POV/IRTC server and will make them
available once I've updated the HTML to remove some broken links to our
website.

-- Chris