POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about an image theme of the month? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:29:37 EDT (-0400)
  How about an image theme of the month? (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: jhu
Subject: How about an image theme of the month?
Date: 3 May 2017 21:00:00
Message: <web.590a7cd24c14175b194284cc0@news.povray.org>
Not a competition, just to see what people can come up with each month to post
in the binaries section.

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: How about an image theme of the month?
Date: 4 May 2017 02:53:09
Message: <590acfd5$1@news.povray.org>
On 4-5-2017 2:58, jhu wrote:
> Not a competition, just to see what people can come up with each month to post
> in the binaries section.

Why not indeed? I am in favour.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 4 May 2017 03:54:25
Message: <590ade31$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/4/2017 7:53 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 4-5-2017 2:58, jhu wrote:
>> Not a competition, just to see what people can come up with each month
>> to post
>> in the binaries section.
>>

> Why not indeed? I am in favour.

What, with your experience of TC-TRC?

That aside it would be good if it took off. Maybe having no subject but
a deadline would be the way to go.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 May 2017 04:09:03
Message: <590ae19f$1@news.povray.org>
On 4-5-2017 9:54, Stephen wrote:
>> On 4-5-2017 2:58, jhu wrote:
>>> Not a competition, just to see what people can come up with each month
>>> to post
>>> in the binaries section.
>>>

>> Why not indeed? I am in favour.
>>

> What, with your experience of TC-TRC?

I am not expected to monitor this, am I? :-)
Then I can sit back and watch the show...

> That aside it would be good if it took off. Maybe having no subject but
> a deadline would be the way to go.

To be sure, I am a bit sceptical about the success of such a
theme-of-the-month thing, as you say, considering the experience with
TC-RTC.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message