POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray features Server Time
1 May 2024 07:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  Povray features (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: tth
Subject: Re: Povray features
Date: 14 Sep 2016 09:26:11
Message: <57d94ff3$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/14/2016 03:07 PM, Berserk wrote:

> Sorry for too much posting.
> The only unanswered question remaining is:
> 1) Can a video be used as a texture for a 3D surface?

    Somethink like that ?
           http://la.buvette.org/vrac/composite.avi

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 14 Sep 2016 10:16:16
Message: <57d95bb0$1@news.povray.org>
> Sorry for too much posting.
> The only unanswered question remaining is:
> 1) Can a video be used as a texture for a 3D surface?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Not directly using only POV, no.

But as clipka already said, you can convert the video to a series of
image files using an external program (I use avisynth, but there are
surely others).

In your POV scene, when rendering the animation, you then select which
image to load based on the time.

Post a reply to this message