POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : GPU-Support for POV-Ray? Server Time
17 May 2024 03:58:58 EDT (-0400)
  GPU-Support for POV-Ray? (Message 16 to 25 of 25)
From: Benjamin Chambers
Subject: Re: GPU-Support for POV-Ray?
Date: 6 Jan 2016 23:50:33
Message: <568DEEAF.5090904@outlook.com>
On 1/4/2016 2:59 PM, Theogott wrote:
> All the needed informations are out there reday to be implemented by people who
> know where they want to go (and have enough time and resources :-).

Great, so you shouldn't have a problem writing it!

Post a reply to this message

From: Benjamin Chambers
Date: 6 Jan 2016 23:55:06
Message: <568DEFBF.6030903@outlook.com>
On 1/5/2016 3:06 PM, Theogott wrote:
> Yes, i just use the chance to spread a little bit of the newest trends.

Le sigh... You've kind of missed the boat. This feature has been
requested - repeatedly - for, what, ten years now? There are real
challenges facing the POV team before they make this happen.

Hell, it's hard enough for me just to get the thing to compile on
Windows, as many of the libraries are geared towards Linux (Thanks,
Pixar!). Rewriting the whole thing for a completely different
architecture can probably wait a bit longer.

Post a reply to this message