POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparency color disappearance Server Time
17 May 2024 17:11:33 EDT (-0400)
  Transparency color disappearance (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Anne Courtois
Subject: Transparency color disappearance
Date: 2 Aug 2015 15:05:00
Message: <web.55be68e05b189019fe2677160@news.povray.org>
Hi guys,

Look at this file. When I render this without the cylinder at the end. My filter
box is green. When its in, my filter' green complexion disappears.

What am I doing wrong?

Anne

************************************
  #include "textures"
  #include "colors"
  #include "stones.inc"
  #include "Glass"

  global_settings
{
  max_trace_level 10
}

  #declare Lightbulb = union {
    merge {
       cylinder {
        <0,0,1>, <0,0,0>, 0.2
        //scale <0.35, 0.35, 1.0>
        translate  1*z
      }
      texture {
        pigment {color rgb <1, 1, 1>}
        finish {ambient .8 diffuse .6}
      }
    }

  }

camera {
 location <10, 10, 1>
 look_at <0, 0, 0>
 right x*1920/1080
 }

  light_source {
    <0, 2, 0>
    color White
    looks_like { Lightbulb }
  }

//Filter box
box { <0.2, 5, 0.2>, <2.2, 5.125, 2.2>
 pigment { color rgbft <0.1, 1.0, 0.1, 1.0, 0> }
 texture {
   T_Glass2
   }
 finish {
   diffuse 0.9
      ambient 0.4
      specular 1.0
      roughness 0.1
      brilliance 0.01
      reflection {
       0.3
          }
       refraction 1.0
   }
 }

//Floor
box { <0, 0, 0>, <5, 0.125, 5>
 texture{
 T_Stone44
 scale 2
   }
 }

cylinder { <0, 0, 0>, <0, 10, 0>, 0.0625
  pigment { color Blue }
  finish {
   ambient 0.5
   diffuse 0.5
   }
  }

Post a reply to this message

I played with the cylinder to discover the basic concept of the lightsource
being inside the cylinder. Silly me.

If the moderators want to delete my post, I'll play along. LOL

Anne

Post a reply to this message