POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fire, df3 and Povray Server Time
17 May 2024 16:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  Fire, df3 and Povray (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: LanuHum
Subject: Fire, df3 and Povray
Date: 27 Apr 2015 13:45:00
Message: <web.553e74ccccc887917a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Hi!
I can't think how to paint fire, having df3
Who will help?
Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

From: MichaelJF
Subject: Re: Fire, df3 and Povray
Date: 27 Apr 2015 15:05:01
Message: <web.553e88265de3d38edde9759b0@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> Hi!
> I can't think how to paint fire, having df3
> Who will help?
> Thanks!

df3-files are the POV approach to volumetric rendering. df3-files are voxel
based and so have limitations. In a way you have a 3-Space-matrix of a choosen

as a density in a media-statement. All values between this voxels are
nterpolated. You will find wonderful examples at Paul Bourkes Site:

http://paulbourke.net/miscellaneous/povexamples/

If you will put fire from Blender to POV, df3 may be the way most convenient but
still a stony one. The Parameters needed  additional to the df3-file are hard to
understand sometimes.

I'm still not happy with my first trial at df3-fires:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5243d5c9b8a21b1ba616448f0%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=399699
&toff=300

May be you will consider other ways to parametrize media. df3 is not the only
way.

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> "LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I can't think how to paint fire, having df3
> > Who will help?
> > Thanks!
>
> df3-files are the POV approach to volumetric rendering. df3-files are voxel
> based and so have limitations. In a way you have a 3-Space-matrix of a choosen

> as a density in a media-statement. All values between this voxels are
> nterpolated. You will find wonderful examples at Paul Bourkes Site:
>
> http://paulbourke.net/miscellaneous/povexamples/
>
> If you will put fire from Blender to POV, df3 may be the way most convenient but
> still a stony one. The Parameters needed  additional to the df3-file are hard to
> understand sometimes.
>
> I'm still not happy with my first trial at df3-fires:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5243d5c9b8a21b1ba616448f0%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=3996
99
> &toff=300
>
> May be you will consider other ways to parametrize media. df3 is not the only
> way.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

Sorry, the fire was not df3 in this image but in a later Version (but looking
very similiar).

Best regards,
michael

Post a reply to this message

"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> "LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I can't think how to paint fire, having df3
> > Who will help?
> > Thanks!
>
> df3-files are the POV approach to volumetric rendering. df3-files are voxel
> based and so have limitations. In a way you have a 3-Space-matrix of a choosen

> as a density in a media-statement. All values between this voxels are
> nterpolated. You will find wonderful examples at Paul Bourkes Site:
>
> http://paulbourke.net/miscellaneous/povexamples/
>
> If you will put fire from Blender to POV, df3 may be the way most convenient but
> still a stony one. The Parameters needed  additional to the df3-file are hard to
> understand sometimes.
>
> I'm still not happy with my first trial at df3-fires:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5243d5c9b8a21b1ba616448f0%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=3996
99
> &toff=300
>
> May be you will consider other ways to parametrize media. df3 is not the only
> way.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

Simply I didn't see a way
Emission or absorption color can be only rgb, not a pattern.
color_map density gives out some uncontrollable negative
If the first color not black, that, in general becomes visible bound-box

box{<0,0,0>, <1,1,1>
    pigment{ rgbt 1 }
    hollow
    interior{ //---------------------
        media{ method 3
               emission <1,0.03421,0.01391>
                density{density_file df3 "/tmp/smoke_Smoke_Domain.df3"
                        color_map {
                        [0 rgb <0,0,0>]
                        [0.25 rgb <0,1,0>]
                        [0.5301 rgb <1,0.09352,0.5>]
                        [0.8101 rgb <0,0,1>]
                        [1 rgb <1,1,1>]
                       } // end color_map
               } // end of density
               samples 128 // higher = more precise
         } // end of media --------------------------
    } // end of interior

Yes, df3 not the only way of creation of fire.
In the Blender 249 for creation of very beautiful fire the system of particles
was used.
As particles the spheres animated on scale and post-processing were used by blur
nodes
Now it doesn't work in regular system of particles. The Blender has now no
opportunity to animate a particle within its birth and death. I wrote in the
exporter a code for realization of the old mechanism but how to add blur for
Povray I too don't know

Post a reply to this message