POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:56:28 EDT (-0400)
  I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter (Message 14 to 23 of 23)
From: andrew
Subject: Re: I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter
Date: 17 Aug 2014 02:20:01
Message: <web.53f04862c085f3de186606410@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 13/08/2014 21:52, andrew wrote:
> I think that the model I have is a bit "over the top" for what you want.
> If I have the time tomorrow I will make a simple tube where you can
> change the numerals in the PovRay Script.

@Stephen
Thank you,
How can i download the script?

Cheers
Andrew

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 17 Aug 2014 04:27:26
Message: <53f0676e$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/08/2014 07:14, andrew wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> On 13/08/2014 21:52, andrew wrote:
>> I think that the model I have is a bit "over the top" for what you want.
>> If I have the time tomorrow I will make a simple tube where you can
>> change the numerals in the PovRay Script.
>
> @Stephen
> Thank you,
> How can i download the script?

Sorry Andrew,
I've not done it yet. :-(
A question.
After looking at your website. I think that a simplified model would fit
in better.
Do you agree? (You can say no.)

If yes, I will upload it to povray.binaries.scene-files on this server.

If no, Tell me what you want in detail.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: andrew
Date: 17 Aug 2014 06:30:01
Message: <web.53f083c8c085f3de186606410@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 17/08/2014 07:14, andrew wrote:
> Sorry Andrew,
> I've not done it yet. :-(
NP :)

> A question.
> After looking at your website. I think that a simplified model would fit
> in better.
> Do you agree? (You can say no.)
Hmmmm, thinking...

That was nice.
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.4aee3b76b57c8bb34726e92b0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.4ae
e3b76b57c8bb34726e92b0%40news.povray.org%3E

> If yes, I will upload it to povray.binaries.scene-files on this server.
>
> If no, Tell me what you want in detail.

Something like this, with the grid before the digits 0-9 and the background
sheet according to the numbers. But with some sparkle / reflection to the
digits, only within the tube. The background of the image I can then adjust
itself and the colors of the numbers.
That would be my wish. Great if that were possible.

Otherwise, it can also be a round Nixie from above, is a different type and
would probably be easy to make !?

Can you post a photo once in Binary?

My images, ie 11 digits, have a width of 11,000 pixels.
The original designed image is then reduced by up to 3000px 550px, depending on
the application. A tube would thus be about 1000 pixels wide.

There's no hurry, thanks for the work.

Cheers Andrew

Post a reply to this message

> My images, ie 11 digits, have a width of 11,000 pixels.
> The original designed image is then reduced by up to 3000px 550px, depending on
> the application. A tube would thus be about 1000 pixels wide.

You will be able to do that yourself.
I will supply the code for the tube(s) and basic camera and lights.
I use machine generated code so it will be easy to read and modify.
It is better to learn PovRay by a hands on method.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I will supply the code for the tube(s) and basic camera and lights.
> I use machine generated code so it will be easy to read and modify.
> It is better to learn PovRay by a hands on method.

Yeah right, the images I wil put together yourself. I know Pov-Roy a little, get
to the customize already.

Nice week
Andrew

Post a reply to this message

>> I will supply the code for the tube(s) and basic camera and lights.
>> I use machine generated code so it will be easy to read and modify.
>> It is better to learn PovRay by a hands on method.
>>

> Yeah right, the images I wil put together yourself. I know Pov-Roy a little, get
> to the customize already.

Not sure I understand, Andrew.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> I will supply the code for the tube(s) and basic camera and lights.
>>> I use machine generated code so it will be easy to read and modify.
>>> It is better to learn PovRay by a hands on method.
>>>

>> Yeah right, the images I wil put together yourself. I know Pov-Roy a
>> little, get
>> to the customize already.
>>

> Not sure I understand, Andrew.

I've posted an image of what I've done so far, in p.b.images.

Is this the sort of thing that you are after?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> >> Yeah right, the images I wil put together yourself. I know Pov-Roy a
> >> little, get
> >> to the customize already.
> >>

> > Not sure I understand, Andrew.
> >

> I've posted an image of what I've done so far, in p.b.images.
>
> Is this the sort of thing that you are after?
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Hi Stephen
Sorry but the first image I find better.
I only need the tube with the background plate and the numbers, not illuminated.
Then I can use my Nixie font and Photoshop, the numbers and appearances.
Finally, I put the 6 square grid over it. The background I can then adjust with
PR, color or whatever. I wanted a PR file with the tube without the front grill.
and the grid, in addition to the tube. Otherwise I just have to cut the grid.

ty.
Cheers

Post a reply to this message

> Sorry but the first image I find better.

I posted an updated image in binary.images.

> I only need the tube with the background plate and the numbers, not illuminated.
> Then I can use my Nixie font and Photoshop, the numbers and appearances.
> Finally, I put the 6 square grid over it. The background I can then adjust with
> PR, color or whatever. I wanted a PR file with the tube without the front grill.
> and the grid, in addition to the tube. Otherwise I just have to cut the grid.

I don't know what a PR file is.
But I can give you a Pov scene that includes the mesh and the materials
I used.
You can change the camera, lighting, materials, what ever you want to
make it the way want.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> > Sorry but the first image I find better.
>
> I posted an updated image in binary.images.
>
> > I only need the tube with the background plate and the numbers, not illuminated.
> > Then I can use my Nixie font and Photoshop, the numbers and appearances.
> > Finally, I put the 6 square grid over it. The background I can then adjust with
> > PR, color or whatever. I wanted a PR file with the tube without the front grill.
> > and the grid, in addition to the tube. Otherwise I just have to cut the grid.
>
> I don't know what a PR file is.
> But I can give you a Pov scene that includes the mesh and the materials
> I used.
> You can change the camera, lighting, materials, what ever you want to
> make it the way want.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Hi Stephen
The 1. Tibe are bether. Not remove the numbers, only unlight.
Thats more realistic.

With PR i mean PocRoy script File, bether i sould be name POV, sorry.
Thank you.
Cheers