POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What have you used POV-Ray images for? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:32:24 EDT (-0400)
  What have you used POV-Ray images for? (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: What have you used POV-Ray images for?
Date: 8 Jan 2014 01:43:55
Message: <52ccf3ab$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/7/2014 6:41 AM, gregjohn wrote:
 > Thanks. I do think that the animation power of povray is a great
selling point.
 > I've played with other packages which require mouse-manipulation of
hundreds of
 > spline curves, and it's madenning.

Where POV-Ray shines most in animation is those applications where
motion follows a path that has a solid mathematical basis.  Character
animation does not lend itself to hand-edited scripts, but the motion of
planets and many kinds of mechanical objects (and non-humanoid robots)
is very elegantly described with numeric expressions in scripts.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message