POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : transparency per thickness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:17 EDT (-0400)
  transparency per thickness (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: xoxos
Subject: transparency per thickness
Date: 21 Aug 2013 18:25:01
Message: <web.52153dd15f9de86e831975e00@news.povray.org>
how about making pigment transparency dynamic based on the distance the ray
travels through the object, or are fogs intended for this function?

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: transparency per thickness
Date: 21 Aug 2013 18:48:48
Message: <521543cf@news.povray.org>
xoxos <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> how about making pigment transparency dynamic based on the distance the ray
> travels through the object, or are fogs intended for this function?

Use fade_power, fade_distance and fade_color in the 'interior' block of
the object.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message