POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error: No triangle in mesh. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Error: No triangle in mesh. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: CAD-Andi
Subject: Error: No triangle in mesh.
Date: 15 Apr 2011 16:25:01
Message: <web.4da8a8a55c17c6fdbf952ed30@news.povray.org>
Hi!

The Short: Is there a way to make povray simply ignore meshes that don't contain
triangles instead of stopping with an error?

The Long:
I frequently use converted 3d data in from of meshes in povray. Somehow large
files with tons of meshes containing triangles. Every time I end up with a
couple of meshes that generate the error: "No triangle in mesh" and I have to
manually find the mesh and erase it. Worst case so far I had to hunt down about
20 of these in one file. I think the problem is the original data that sometimes
has smaller artefacts then my ouput resolution of the wrl file I'm creating for
conversion to keep the file size resonable. So finally here is my question: Is
there some way how povray could simply ignore the meshes that don't contain
triangles?

I find myself doing this manual removal over and over and over again. Would be
cool if someone has an idea how I could streamline this process.

Thanks!

Andi

Post a reply to this message