POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is Khyberspace? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  What is Khyberspace? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Subject: What is Khyberspace?
Date: 28 Mar 2011 09:54:37
Message: <4d90931d$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Curious? Just click http://www.khyberspace.de/index-e.html and follow
the "And what on Earth is Khyberspace?" link...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: What is Khyberspace?
Date: 28 Mar 2011 15:40:34
Message: <4d90e432$1@news.povray.org>

> High!
>
> Curious? Just click http://www.khyberspace.de/index-e.html and follow
> the "And what on Earth is Khyberspace?" link...
>
> See you in Khyberspace!

So you'll recreate all Afghan terrain in povray.  Cool.

But not as breathtaking as entering a historical city in gobsmacking
detail as in the game Assassin's Creed:

http://images.wikia.com/assassins/es/images/8/8b/156_-ASSASSIN%27S_CREED-_S_-Damascus-_-CityGates02-_Web--screenshot_large.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Txyu7j31JVY/S_03yOmU7tI/AAAAAAAABUk/gpY6FC3c-u8/s1600/assassins_creed2_50.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_U7zxwKR4W-E/TH1mZIKOluI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/qXk3ytf5UGw/s1600/assassins-creed.jpg

It seems game tech is good enough nowadays to also be used in archviz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wZxcY8yK54

http://lumion3d.com/

I'm guessing once nextgen GPUs support raytracing, these will be used in
the few places it matter:  for real reflections and, even more
importantly, refractions and caustics.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message