POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animation encoding Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Animation encoding (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Animation encoding
Date: 15 Sep 2010 01:30:01
Message: <web.4c9058c97f2ce8e507e8a090@news.povray.org>
I've been working on some animation techniques, and I normally encode with
mencoder.  I'd like to be able to use frame rates up to 60 fps, but when I
encode the files, they only seem to encode at 30 fps, despite the fact that I
specify -ofps 60

I've been encoding to .avi using the mjpeg codec, Ideally I'd like to use
something more robust, but it's the only one that seems to work when encoding
from a series of png files.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm currently running 3.7 beta 38 in Ubuntu lucid.

A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

Le 15/09/2010 07:25, Anthony D. Baye nous fit lire :
> I've been working on some animation techniques, and I normally encode with
> mencoder.  I'd like to be able to use frame rates up to 60 fps, but when I
> encode the files, they only seem to encode at 30 fps, despite the fact that I
> specify -ofps 60
>
> I've been encoding to .avi using the mjpeg codec, Ideally I'd like to use
> something more robust, but it's the only one that seems to work when encoding
> from a series of png files.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.

-ofps is the tag in the format... when variable. Changing a tag might
not change the time code...

have a look at "-mf fps=60"
like in
$ mencoder "mf://*.png" -mf type=png:fps=60  -o zozo.avi -ovc lavc

(well, it's pervert... naming avi a mpeg 4 video)