POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animation encoding : Re: Animation encoding Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation encoding
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 15 Sep 2010 12:32:29
Message: <4c90f51d$1@news.povray.org>
Le 15/09/2010 07:25, Anthony D. Baye nous fit lire :
> I've been working on some animation techniques, and I normally encode with
> mencoder.  I'd like to be able to use frame rates up to 60 fps, but when I
> encode the files, they only seem to encode at 30 fps, despite the fact that I
> specify -ofps 60
>
> I've been encoding to .avi using the mjpeg codec, Ideally I'd like to use
> something more robust, but it's the only one that seems to work when encoding
> from a series of png files.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.

-ofps is the tag in the format... when variable. Changing a tag might
not change the time code...

have a look at "-mf fps=60"
like in
$ mencoder "mf://*.png" -mf type=png:fps=60  -o zozo.avi -ovc lavc

(well, it's pervert... naming avi a mpeg 4 video)