POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Fudge"anyone? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  "Fudge"anyone? (Message 11 to 20 of 22)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: stbenge
Subject: Re: "Fudge"anyone?
Date: 2 Sep 2010 13:29:13
Message: <4c7fdee9@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> There is also the possibility for true texture-baking to meshes using
>> Mega-POV. This might be accomplished by reading a mesh, gleaning all the
>> necessary elements from it (vertices, triangles, UV coords, etc.),
>> setting up camera pigments to view individual triangles and then
>> rendering the result with an orthographic camera. In fact, I would like
>> to formally challenge anyone with too much time on their hands to
>> accomplish this. It can be done, I know it can!
>
>   Just to save you some effort: please don't work on any of these before
> trying the new feature on beta 39... :) This advice will apply also for
> arblick's project, BTW.

Well, I must say it's very strange, as I've been thinking about this
feature on-and-off for about three weeks now. Can't remember what
exactly got me to thinking about it. It's very cool that a form of
texture-baking is finally making its way into POV! This should make
proximity patterns for meshes faster :)

Sam

Post a reply to this message

> Well, I must say it's very strange, as I've been thinking about this
> feature on-and-off for about three weeks now. Can't remember what
> exactly got me to thinking about it.

   I never doubted you were some sort of POV-Psychic... :)

> This should make proximity patterns for meshes faster :)

   A lot faster!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org

Post a reply to this message

>> Well, I must say it's very strange, as I've been thinking about this
>> feature on-and-off for about three weeks now. Can't remember what
>> exactly got me to thinking about it.
>
>   I never doubted you were some sort of POV-Psychic... :)

Lol, sure. I should get an 800-number and make TV appearances with my
chrome gazing ball. "What's this? I see very low PPS for you in the days
ahead..."

Post a reply to this message

> Lol, sure. I should get an 800-number and make TV appearances with my
> chrome gazing ball. "What's this? I see very low PPS for you in the days
>  ahead..."

   Now, that would be an interesting idea for a "Magic" IRTC or TC-RTC round.
I think no one ever created such a RSOCP variant...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org

Post a reply to this message