POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to prevent overlapping random objects? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  how to prevent overlapping random objects? (Message 41 to 46 of 46)
From: stbenge
Subject: Re: how to prevent overlapping random objects?
Date: 22 Aug 2010 14:29:10
Message: <4c716c76$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "stbenge" <myu### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
>> It's getting close... got the (simple) GUI, now I need to tackle vector.h,
>> which will probably be the easy part. Thanks for the encouragement! :)
>
> It's worth the while, isn't it?

One way or another, it is :) I 'm learning some new things, so that's a
plus. Hopefully it will be a useful tool when I'm finished. I've got the
file-writing stuff down; it was as easy as I thought it might be... But
it seems projects like these are never as close to being finished as
they appear. There's also the POV-end to consider. I've written some
POV-code for dynamically choosing items from an arbitrarily-sized object
array based on the diameter of the circles. This should make it possible
to easily make transitions between, say, grass to shrubs to oaks to
conifers. Now I need to implement an option to use an image for input in
my C code. If I can't get it to work, I'll just make a poor
implementation in POV and release it as-is.

Post a reply to this message